Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Sarah Elan <sa...@yahoo.com> on 2002/10/21 19:34:05 UTC

unicode rlo character

Hello,

I'd like to find out how fop handles the unicode characters 202e and
202c, for right to left override (RLO) and pop directional formatting
(PDF).

Thank you!

Re: unicode rlo character

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Sarah Elan wrote:
> I'd like to find out how fop handles the unicode characters 202e and
> 202c, for right to left override (RLO) and pop directional formatting
> (PDF).

FOP currently does not support BIDI processing except in
the AWT viewer on Java 1.4, if you asked for this.
I suspect U+202e and U+202c will cause a "#" in the
PDF. There is no special handling for it in the code.

J.Pietschmann