Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jason Eacott <ea...@hardlight.com.au> on 2001/08/30 08:53:54 UTC

help pooledconnection problem in tomcat3.2.3

Hi,
	I'm getting a java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
:javax/sql/PooledConnection in Tomcat V3.2.3 when I try to use
Xalan & Xerces. I do not get this error in V3.1 or V4
I have added xalan & xerces to the tomcat/lib folder and removed
the jaxp.jar (because it interfered with xalan).

everything seems to work perfectly despite this error (I suspect it is
a threadpool issue not an sql connection pool problem but not sure
- or the two interfering with each other. I am using Jnetdirect type4
jdbc driver.)
has anyone else had this problem?

It occurs both as standalone application and running as a service
through IIS.
error occurs on NT4 & W2000 Advanced Server.

thanks in advance
Jason.

--
Jason Eacott
Hardlight Interactive

Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have.