Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Nikhil Khandelwal <ni...@microsoft.com> on 2015/05/29 23:19:02 UTC

coho tag-release issue

To do the Windows release, I was following the steps outlined here: https://github.com/apache/cordova-coho/blob/master/docs/platforms-release-process.md

In one of the steps, I ran into an issue.

coho tag-release --version 4.0.0 -r windows --pretend

Running from d:\cordova

cordova-windows/ =============== Executing: git remote update origin

Release branch does not exist for repo cordova-windows

Even though I had pushed 4.0.x branch to the apache remote, this command was not being able to find the remote. Is this a known issue?

Underneath, it looks like the command is calling:
git branch -r --list origin/4.0.x which returns nothing causing a failure.

Here's my git remote -v output:

fork    https://github.com/msopentech/cordova-coho.git (fetch)
fork    https://github.com/msopentech/cordova-coho.git (push)
mirror  https://github.com/apache/cordova-coho.git (fetch)
mirror  https://github.com/apache/cordova-coho.git (push)
origin  https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/cordova-coho.git (fetch)
origin  https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/cordova-coho.git (push)

What am I missing?

Thanks,
Nikhil

Re: coho tag-release issue

Posted by Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com>.
Definitely a bug with coho. Works fine if I do it for android but fails if
I do it for windows. I'll look into fixing it

Re: coho tag-release issue

Posted by Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com>.