Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Norman Breau <no...@normanbreau.com> on 2019/09/09 14:20:39 UTC

[DISCUSS] Dropping support for Node 8

Just starting a thread here to whether or not we should drop support for
Node 8 at the same time of dropping Node 6 support.
The original thought for this I believe is to avoid having to have 2
major version bumps as Node 8 EOL is in December 2019, only a few months
away.

Personally I don't see why we should keep support something that is in
maintenance mode and is coming to the end of life soon, so I think
dropping Node 8 is a good idea.

Re: [DISCUSS] Dropping support for Node 8

Posted by Chris Brody <ch...@gmail.com>.
+1 for dropping Node.js 8 at the same time

I would say we should not spend our limited resources on supporting old
versions of Node.js or other tooling.

Posted by Norman Breau <no...@normanbreau.com>.
My apologies, I did do a search to see if there was a discussion in the
mailing list but found nothing. I only realized that the search by
default only looks back 1 month.
I'll forward the rejection then to the ticket that prompted me to start
this discussion.

To expire this discussion thread, I'll link back to the original thread
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/de3f47975bfe2a41f0e0145829ec1058225a0fe789fb862859026389@%3Cdev.cordova.apache.org%3E

Posted by julio cesar sanchez <jc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Darryl Pogue <dv...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me