Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Terence M. Bandoian" <te...@tmbsw.com> on 2011/11/01 04:49:15 UTC

Re: Compile, build and prepare Webapp for Tomcat in command line

  On 1:59 PM, Léa Massiot wrote:
> @Jürgen : Thank you for advising me to use Maven.
> @Tim : Thank you for advising me to use Ant.
>
> I have been following the following tutorial to get introduced to Ant:
> http://ant.apache.org/manual/tutorial-HelloWorldWithAnt.html
> I think it's a good one.
> Now, I am going to have to do something similar with my Webapp...
>
> Cheers,
> --
> Léa

Hi, Léa-

An example ant build.xml file is provided in the Tomcat docs.  I'm not
sure which version you're using but here's the Tomcat 6 documentation
that includes a link to the build.xml example:

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/appdev/source.html#BUILD.XML_Configuration_File

-Terence Bandoian

Re: Compile, build and prepare Webapp for Tomcat in command line

Posted by Pid * <pi...@pidster.com>.

www.gradle.org - best of Ant and Maven, less of the trauma.