Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Charl Gerber <ch...@yahoo.com> on 2009/03/13 23:27:31 UTC

JMeter 2.3.2 and form based authentication

I'm using JMeter 2.3.2 and Tomcat 6.0.18. Java 1.6.0_11.
I have a test plan with a Cookie Manager and HTTP Authorization Manager.
The application is configured to use form based authentication, but the urls in my test plan that requires authentication cannot be retrieved. I can view the output in JMeter's logs and it redirects to my logon jsp, I can see the logon jsp's html in the logs.

If I just change the web app to BASIC authentication, it works fine and the html of the 'secure' pages are logged.

Are their known issues with form based authentication and JMeter, or how do I get it working?

Thanks

Charl

Re: JMeter 2.3.2 and form based authentication

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 14/03/2009, Charl Gerber <ch...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>  Yes, my application uses server based authentication, FORM based doesn't work with JMeter, BASIC does.
>
>  How do you post the authentication? I tried to post the j_security_check with j_username and j_password as parameters, but it gives me errors stating the url doesn't exist.
>
>  Can some maybe post a working jmx sample?

That depends very much on the server and the application.

See http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-client/primer.html for an
excellent overview of the process. This will help you find the
required parameters.

If you are using http:, try using the Proxy Recorder to record the login.
Otherwise, use a browser add-on that shows the browser sends.

Posted by Charl Gerber <ch...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.