Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by 张建伟 <co...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/24 09:49:40 UTC

how does hdfs client write a file .

hi,

In the apache site,I find a document said :

"A client request to create a file does not reach the NameNode immediately.
In fact, initially the HDFS client caches the file data into a temporary
local file. Application writes are transparently redirected to this
temporary local file. When the local file accumulates data worth over one
HDFS block size, the client contacts the NameNode. "

does it still right in 2.2.0 and 1.2.1 version? why write a file like this?

Re: how does hdfs client write a file .

Posted by 张建伟 <co...@gmail.com>.
the document is important for new hand,please update it frequently.THX!

Vishnu Viswanath <vi...@gmail.com>于2014年3月24日星期一写道:

Posted by 张建伟 <co...@gmail.com>.

Posted by 张建伟 <co...@gmail.com>.

Posted by 张建伟 <co...@gmail.com>.