Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Subrahmanyam Sistha <su...@gmail.com> on 2018/08/31 12:18:24 UTC

Configure resolution:=optional from maven bundle plugin

HI Team,

I need help to configure  a dependency as optional,

Using maven-bundle-plugin:3.4.0,

In the Import-packages section, they refereed as resolution:optional

<plugin>
	<groupId>org.apache.felix</groupId>
	<version>3.4.0</version>
	<extensions>true</extensions>
	<executions>
		<execution>
		<id>bundle-manifest</id>
		<phase>process-classes</phase>
		<goals>
		    <goal>manifest</goal>
		</goals>
		<configuration>
			<instructions>
				<Export-Package>*</Export-Package>
				<Import-Package>
					org.junit.*;/resolution=optional/,
					junit.framework.*;/resolution=optional/
                                </Import-Package>
				<_nouses>true</_nouses>
			</instructions>
		</configuration>
	</execution>
   </executions>
</plugin>

Expectation is generated OSGI manifest file should contains the
resolution:=optional for that library but the changes not reflecting.

Expectation :
junit.framework;resolution:=optional

but in generated manifest file
junit.framework

Did i miss any configuration to reflect it resolution as optional in the
generated manifest file?

On investigation Maven-Bundle-Plugin, BundlePlugin.java File, I realized
that if the artifact contains the optional true then reflected in the
generated manifest file as resolution:=optional

<dependency>
   <groupId>junit</groupId>
   <artifactId>junit</artifactId>

   <scope>provided</scope>
   <optional>true</optional>
</dependency>

But the previous solution should work according to the BundlePlugin.java
source code,

Please help me, guide me to proceed further.

--
Sent from: http://maven.40175.n5.nabble.com/Maven-Users-f40176.html

Re: Configure resolution:=optional from maven bundle plugin

Posted by Francois Papon <fr...@openobject.fr>.
Hi,

You should ask on the Apache Felix mailing list.

regards,

François Papon
fpapon@apache.org