Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Alcazar Lazaro, Ramiro" <Ra...@nuance.com> on 2014/03/19 21:51:48 UTC

Test execution unexpectedly aborted with Shutdown hook

Hi,
I am trying to run a load test, on CentOS 6.4, on non-GUI mode.

The test plan is supposed to run for 12 hours, but it is stopping at random intervals (I have reproduced it 5 times so far, and each time at a different progress level in the test).

The only thing I have found so far to help me investigate is in the jmeter.log file, at the end, I see the following lines:

2014/03/19 08:38:43 INFO  - jmeter.reporters.ResultCollector: Shutdown hook started
2014/03/19 08:38:43 INFO  - jmeter.reporters.ResultCollector: Shutdown hook ended

I have not done anything in my test plan to stop the test execution programmatically, and I don't think any user has tried to stop the test execution manually either.

The same test plan, used in non-GUI mode under Windows is running all the way through the 12 hours.

Any hint on specific items that I could be looking at would be very much appreciated.

For information, the thread group definition of my test plan looks like this:

      <ThreadGroup guiclass="ThreadGroupGui" testclass="ThreadGroup" testname="Thread Group1" enabled="true">
        <stringProp name="ThreadGroup.on_sample_error">continue</stringProp>
        <elementProp name="ThreadGroup.main_controller" elementType="LoopController" guiclass="LoopControlPanel" testclass="LoopController" testname="Loop Controller" enabled="true">
          <boolProp name="LoopController.continue_forever">false</boolProp>
          <intProp name="LoopController.loops">-1</intProp>
        </elementProp>
        <stringProp name="ThreadGroup.num_threads">100</stringProp>
        <stringProp name="ThreadGroup.ramp_time">10</stringProp>
        <longProp name="ThreadGroup.start_time">1394045493000</longProp>
        <longProp name="ThreadGroup.end_time">1394045493000</longProp>
        <boolProp name="ThreadGroup.scheduler">true</boolProp>
        <stringProp name="ThreadGroup.duration">43200</stringProp>
        <stringProp name="ThreadGroup.delay">0</stringProp>
      </ThreadGroup>

Thanks,
Ramiro

Re: Test execution unexpectedly aborted with Shutdown hook

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 19 March 2014 20:51, Alcazar Lazaro, Ramiro
<Ra...@nuance.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to run a load test, on CentOS 6.4, on non-GUI mode.
>
> The test plan is supposed to run for 12 hours, but it is stopping at random intervals (I have reproduced it 5 times so far, and each time at a different progress level in the test).
>
> The only thing I have found so far to help me investigate is in the jmeter.log file, at the end, I see the following lines:
>
> 2014/03/19 08:38:43 INFO  - jmeter.reporters.ResultCollector: Shutdown hook started
> 2014/03/19 08:38:43 INFO  - jmeter.reporters.ResultCollector: Shutdown hook ended

Those log messages are generated after JMeter has started shutting
down, so don't really help.

The cause of any abnormal shutdown should appear earlier in the log file.

If that does not help narrow down the cause, try creating a very
simple test plan using the Java sampler with a timeout of a second or
so and see how that behaves on the two systems.