Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Mikhail Petrov <pm...@gmail.com> on 2020/11/18 11:38:31 UTC

Ignite extensions - ignite-spring-data release.

Hello, Igniters.

Since the migration of Ignite Spring Data modules to extensions, thin
client support for Spring Data integration was implemented. - [1].

To make this feature available for users, I propose to start the release
process of the following modules:

* ignite-spring-data
* ignite-spring-data_2.0
* ignite-spring-data_2.2
* ignite-spring-data-commons

Any objections to it?

[1] - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-13519

Regards,
Mikhail

Re: Ignite extensions - ignite-spring-data release.

Posted by Nikolay Izhikov <ni...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Alexey Goncharuk <al...@gmail.com>.
I support having a single vote for all the extensions. Mikhail, do you mind
releasing the rest of the modules together with spring-boot? If you do, I
can take care of them but looks like this will be a separate vote, though.

Posted by Saikat Maitra <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mikhail,

Since spring-data-commons is common module and used internally we should be
ok to not rename it to spring-data-commons-ext.

Thank you for clarifying.

Regards,
Saikat

Posted by Mikhail Petrov <pm...@gmail.com>.
Petr,

Posted by Petr Ivanov <mr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mikhail Petrov <pm...@gmail.com>.
Saikat,

Posted by Petr Ivanov <mr...@gmail.com>.
No 11 separate votes, but 11 separate tags is all I am proposing :)

> On 19 Nov 2020, at 10:33, Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> 11+ separate votes is an overkill. We certainly want, and agreed, to be
> able to release each extension separately. But I see nothing wrong if
> releases of N extensions are passed through a single vote.
>
> On Wednesday, November 18, 2020, Petr Ivanov <mr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I would object against all together release of these modules if this
>> process will be done in single release branch / tag.
>> Despite of the fact that all these extensions are in single repository, we
>> have to treat them as separate projects with separate release cycle and
>> release each one of them in their own tag with correct naming we were
>> discussing previously.
>>

>>> On 19 Nov 2020, at 04:26, Saikat Maitra <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Mikhail, Can we please rename ignite-spring-data-commons to
>>> ignite-spring-data-commons-ext?
>>>
>>> Denis,
>>>
>>> We are good to release the following migrated modules as well...
>>>
>>> ignite-flink-ext
>>> ignite-flume-ext
>>> ignite-pub-sub-ext
>>> ignite-zeromq-ext
>>> ignite-twitter-ext
>>> ignite-rocketmq-ext
>>> ignite-mqtt-ext
>>> ignite-storm-ext
>>> ignite-camel-ext
>>> ignite-jms11-ext

Posted by Nikolay Izhikov <ni...@apache.org>.
Hello.

I think it’s up to the release manager to decide what extension he(or she) wants to release.
Do we have a release manager who wants to release all extensions?

> 19 нояб. 2020 г., в 10:33, Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org> написал(а):
>
> 11+ separate votes is an overkill. We certainly want, and agreed, to be
> able to release each extension separately. But I see nothing wrong if
> releases of N extensions are passed through a single vote.
>
> On Wednesday, November 18, 2020, Petr Ivanov <mr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I would object against all together release of these modules if this
>> process will be done in single release branch / tag.
>> Despite of the fact that all these extensions are in single repository, we
>> have to treat them as separate projects with separate release cycle and
>> release each one of them in their own tag with correct naming we were
>> discussing previously.
>>

>>> On 19 Nov 2020, at 04:26, Saikat Maitra <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Mikhail, Can we please rename ignite-spring-data-commons to
>>> ignite-spring-data-commons-ext?
>>>
>>> Denis,
>>>
>>> We are good to release the following migrated modules as well...
>>>
>>> ignite-flink-ext
>>> ignite-flume-ext
>>> ignite-pub-sub-ext
>>> ignite-zeromq-ext
>>> ignite-twitter-ext
>>> ignite-rocketmq-ext
>>> ignite-mqtt-ext
>>> ignite-storm-ext
>>> ignite-camel-ext
>>> ignite-jms11-ext

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.

--
-
Denis

Re: Ignite extensions - ignite-spring-data release.

Posted by Petr Ivanov <mr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Saikat Maitra <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Mikhail Petrov <pm...@gmail.com>.