Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Martino Piccinato <ma...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/04 20:36:36 UTC

[T4] is it possible to dinamically update a from a page a component's component with ResponseBuilder?

This is my situation: I have a page containing component ComponentA,
this component contains another component (B), I want to
dinamically/ajax update ComponentB (and just component B) from the
main page. Is this possible at all?

My idea was to delegate dynamic updating through first component, the
way I sketch below but it seems not to be possible, does anybody has
any idea if this is possible at all?

class Page {

    @Component
    public abstract ComponentA getComponentA();

    @EventListener
    public myEventListener(IRequestCycle cycle) {

        getComponentA().updateComponentB(cycle);

    }

}

class CompomentB {

    public updateComponentB(IrequestCycle cycle) {
       cycle.getResponseBuilder().updateComponent("idOfComponentB");
    }

}