Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/02 00:17:57 UTC

Re: Help Beginner Access Service Methods

Make sure your framework is correct for creating a SOAP client first (Ant or
Maven, if you can use the latter, great):
http://www.jroller.com/gmazza/entry/soap_client_tutorial

(In Step #6 at the link above, check the ENDPOINT_ADDRESS_PROPERTY, that
will help you change the endpoint URL if you need to.)

To find out what's going out over the wire, Wireshark can help:
http://www.jroller.com/gmazza/entry/soap_calls_over_wireshark

Worst case, you can debug your SOAP client with Eclipse as follows:
http://www.jroller.com/gmazza/entry/eclipse_debug_web_services

The holder issue I'm less certain on, you may be able to turn on/off its
appearance by using "enableWrapperStyle" -- search for that term on this
page for more info:  http://cxf.apache.org/docs/wsdl-to-java.html

Finally, switching between Metro and CXF, especially if you're using Maven,
is very simple--see the link I gave at the top for more info--you may wish
to try Metro to see if you get a different error message to determine the
problem.

HTH,
Glen