Posted to log4net-user@logging.apache.org by "Borton, Anthony" <An...@qr.com.au> on 2004/09/29 01:49:02 UTC

Using an appender from a different assembly - Can you?

Hi,

Due to my companies rules, I need to have any component that
communicates to a DB run under COM+. I don't want to have all of Log4Net
running under COM+ so I thought I might just move the ADONETAppender out
to itself own assembly. I tried to do this and update the "type"
attribute in the config file but this has not worked.

Before I go too much further, has anyone tried this or can anyone
suggest an alternative perhaps?

Thanks

Anthony

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager of QR.

This message has been scanned for the presence of computer viruses. No warranty is given that this message upon its receipt is
virus free and no liability is accepted by the sender in this respect.

This email is a message only; does not constitute advice and should not be relied upon as such.

RE: Using an appender from a different assembly - Can you?

Posted by Mario Gutierrez <mg...@firstam.com>.
Yes, it's possible. I created an appender in our a different assembly.
My type value looks somethjing like this:

<appender name="FAAppender"
type="FirstAmerican.Interactive.Common.Logging.Appender.AdoFileAppender,
FirstAmerican.Interactive.Common">

It's been in production for some time. FYI, we're using version 1.20-b8