Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Claus Bogner <bo...@isogmbh.de> on 2006/06/28 16:54:20 UTC

Event handler for optionlist-selection

Hi,

I would like to implement a event for selection of a dropdown-list.
When the user selects an element in optionlist A the content
of the optionlist B should be refreshed.

Example:

optionlist A:   List of countries (Germany, France, Austria)
optionlist B:   List of cities in the selected country.

Does anyone know how I could realize that behaviour? Is tried
to find some example for that but with no success.

Thanks in advance,
Claus

Re: Event handler for optionlist-selection

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
You can do it in 4.1 pretty easily, but it's not really ready for mass
consumption yet. (
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/tapestry/tapestry4/trunk/examples/TimeTracker/src/java/org/apache/tapestry/timetracker/page/TaskEntryPage.java?view=markup)

--
Jesse Kuhnert
Tacos/Tapestry, team member/developer

dojo/tapestry/tacos/hivemind.

RE: Event handler for optionlist-selection

Posted by Mark Stang <ms...@pingidentity.com>.

Posted by Shing Hing Man <ma...@yahoo.com>.
Have you checked out the DynamicSelectionList
component at Tassel ?

http://www.tapestrycomponents.org/Tassel/app

There is an online demo at
http://lombok.demon.co.uk/tapestry4Demo/app

Shing

--- Claus Bogner <bo...@isogmbh.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to implement a event for selection of a
> dropdown-list.
> When the user selects an element in optionlist A the
> content
> of the optionlist B should be refreshed.
>
> Example:
>
> optionlist A:   List of countries (Germany, France,
> Austria)
> optionlist B:   List of cities in the selected
> country.
>
> Does anyone know how I could realize that behaviour?
> Is tried
> to find some example for that but with no success.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Claus

Home page :
  http://uk.geocities.com/matmsh/index.html