Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Daniel Kruler <dk...@giantbear.com> on 2001/04/11 21:51:43 UTC

Apache SPOAP Installation problem

After installing all jar files on the web server, I have cpoied
webapps/soap directory from distribution folder to Tomcat directory.
I have noticed however that it is missing servlet directory where
rpcrouter servlet supposed to be.

I cannot use 	java org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient
http://localhost/soap/servlet/rpcrouter     to deploy, undeploy, or list
because it doesn't find this servlet.

Can anyone help me solve this problem?

Thank you.

Re: Apache SPOAP Installation problem

Posted by el...@alphacsp.com.
Hello,

    I you advice to add the xercess.jar and the soap.jar in your "classpath"
variable, because the org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient class find in
the soap.jar file.

E.

Posted by Michael Reardon <mi...@onewebsystems.com>.
The URLs for servlets do not have any real relationship to directories
in the filesystem. You don't need a servlet directory. If your using the
webapps directory shipped with Apache SOAP, there is a mapping of the
URL pattern "/servlet/rpcrouter" to a servlet named "rpcrouter" to a in
your soap\WEB-INF\web.xml file. When the URL /soap/servlet/rpcrouter is
invoked, the servlet container will load
org.apache.soap.server.http.RPCRouterServlet from your classpath (which
should have soap.jar in it) becuase it web.xml says so.

Maybe the reason you can't find the servlet is the port number. If you
are using Tomcat, the default configuration is running on port 8080. So
your request URL would need to be
http://localhost:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter. If your unsure try to hit
it in a browser. If you get some kind of
Hey-this-servlet-don't-work-with-GET-method-requests error back, you've
got the right URL.

Hope that helps,
Mike Reardon

Posted by Michael Reardon <mi...@onewebsystems.com>.