Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Dmitry Beransky <dm...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/31 00:53:44 UTC

resolving snapshots

hi,

it's probably friday talking, but I can't figure out what my builds
stopped working all of a sudden.  I get this message in the log:

> Downloading: http://newzealand/repository/maven2/com/csa/maven/web-app-parent/2-SNAPSHOT/web-app-parent-2-SNAPSHOT.pom

why isn't SNAPSHOT in the pom file name being resolved to a time stamp?

>From settings.xml:

       <repositories>
          <repository>
             <id>csa-internal</id>
             <name>CSA Maven 2 Repository</name>
             <url>http://newzealand/repository/maven2</url>
             <releases>
                <enabled>true</enabled>
             </releases>
             <snapshots>
                <enabled>true</enabled>
             </snapshots>
          </repository>
       </repositories>

thanks
dmitry

Re: Maven specifies wrong path value in site index.html ?

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 5:38 PM, Tawfik, Sameh E
<Sa...@fairisaac.com> wrote:

> When I click on C:\projects\target\site\index.html, the list of the
> modules is displayed, but when I click on any one of them, the following
> message is displayed: "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"

You're not intended to be able to view the site from the individual
target directories.

Try deploying the site and see if the links work better.  (The site
plugin seems to have some issues with this, you may have to write your
own site.xml rather than letting it generate the links.)

--
Wendy

Maven specifies wrong path value in site index.html ?

Posted by "Tawfik, Sameh E" <Sa...@fairisaac.com>.
I'm using the following:
C:\projects>mvn -version
Maven version: 2.0.7
Java version: 1.6.0_02-ea
OS name: "windows xp" version: "5.1" arch: "x86"

I've a parent pom.xml and a number of sub modules, when I run the
following command from the parent pom.xml level:

mvn site

Maven generates the target\site folder at the parent and sub modules
folders, for example:

C:\projects\target\site\index.html
C:\projects\mbpa-eclipse\plugins\com.abc.mc.api\target\site\index.html

When I click on C:\projects\target\site\index.html, the list of the
modules is displayed, but when I click on any one of them, the following
message is displayed: "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"

I checked the contents of the parent C:\projects\target\site\index.html
file, and I found out that Maven is not specifying the correct path
value to the modules index.html file as follow:

<h5>Modules</h5>
<ul>
<li class="none">
    <a
href="mbpeclipse/plugins/com.abc.mc.api/index.html">com.abc.mc.api</a></
li>

The correct value should be:
<h5>Modules</h5>
<ul>
<li class="none">
C:/projects/mbpa-eclipse/plugins/com.abc.mc.api/target/site/index.html">
com.abc.mc.api</a></li>

Is there is a fix to this problem? Does anyone know?

 Thanks,

   Sameh