Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Andreas Sewe <se...@st.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de> on 2009/05/29 17:31:54 UTC

maven-jar-plugin: Boot-Class-Path manifest entry with path to dependency

Hi,

I have two maven projects, "core" and "agent", both with "jar"
packaging. The latter depends on the former and contains a Java agent,
which needs the classes in "core.jar" to be present on the boot class
path. Luckily, there is the attribute "Boot-Class-Path" which is
supposed to make this work (see
<http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/lang/instrument/package-summary.html>).

The question is, however, how to instruct the "maven-jar-plugin" to add
such an manifest entry with the correct path (either absolute or,
preferably, relative to "agent.jar") to "core.jar". Is there some
property or combination of properties which I can use? I have only found
 the <addClasspath/> and friends, but they only set the "Class-Path"
attribute (and include all dependencies, not just "core.jar").

Best wishes,

Andreas Sewe