Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by HtaraS <sa...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/30 19:41:37 UTC

Switching dynamically between database schemas using ofbiz

 Hii everyone,

             Am learning and researching on OfBiz, and am looking to change
the database flow, which in the present case of OfBiz supports only a single
Data Base schema. Am planning to make it support multiple schemas within a
single data base [MySql in my case], which I would like to switch to
different schemas dynamically based on the user's login
details[DepartmentId,UserName,password].
                 I have added two new tables named Department and Groups,
where Department contains a foreign key relationship with groups. Groups
table contains details of the various delegators in entityengine.xml and
based on the departmentId entered in the login page by the end user, OfBiz
should dynamically shift to their respective schema in the data base.

            I would be very glad to receive your suggestions and views

   Thank you in advance ........

 Sarath

Re: Switching dynamically between database schemas using ofbiz

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com>.
If the different OFBiz instances were on different URLs, it seems to me
you could modify the Servlet so the request URL maps to a Delegator name
- via a properties file or something.

-Adrian

Posted by David E Jones <de...@me.com>.

Posted by David E Jones <de...@me.com>.
It's great that you express your opinion BJ. What gets in the way of
discussion is more personal and unfounded remarks, like: "I can tell
be your comments you have not really gotten into ofbiz and how it
works."

I'm guessing at what you're trying to get at with this suggestion, but
you could phrase it like "how much have you gotten into OFBiz and how
it works?" Or even better (and I'm guessing more about your thoughts):
"What did you mean when you mentioned ODBC? OFBiz does everything
through JDBC." My guess is that Marc was just generalizing.

-David

Posted by lemine youssef <yo...@nereide.biz>.
Hi everyone;

At Néréide, We have implemented successfully a multi-tenant OFBiz
instance which is provided  as an  ofbiz-addon.
It can be installed (introducing modifications by applying a set of a
patches).
to checkout the addon from cvs:

    cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@labs.libre-entreprise.org:/cvsroot/neogia
login