Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Tharindu Mathew <mc...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/21 11:12:14 UTC

Using a custom repository to store solr index files

Hi everyone,

I was looking at using the Embedded Solr server through SolrJ and I
have a couple of concerns.

I'd like to use a custom repository to store my index. Is there a way
I can define this. Is there a data output interface I can implement
for this purpose?

Or can this be done in some way?

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Tharindu

Re: Using a custom repository to store solr index files

Posted by Tharindu Mathew <mc...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your answer Upayavira. Appreciate it.

I want to do this because of a clustering requirement.

When clustering takes place in the product I'm working on the custom
repository we use replicates accordingly and makes data available to
all nodes. But if this is available on the file system this does not
happen.

So according to your answer I'll get the source and take a look at the
Directory interface.

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.