Posted to derby-commits@db.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2009/01/05 21:34:11 UTC

[Db-derby Wiki] Update of "TenFiveOneApplicationTesting" by RichardHillegas

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Db-derby Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by RichardHillegas:
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/TenFiveOneApplicationTesting

New page:
Derby's FowardCompatibility goal is to allow any application written against the public interfaces of an older version of Derby to run, without any changes, against a newer version of Derby.  Any incompatible changes should be a  conscious decision and be recorded in Jira with the "Existing Application Impact" checkbox.

To verify this is true for the 10.5.1 release and to help ensure you don't have problems running ''after'' the release, please test applications that use Derby and make sure we have provided as seamless an upgrade as possible for existing applications.  Try your own application or some other application that uses Derby. Be sure to read the release notes; they document each issue where it was considered necessary to make an incompatible change with a dedicated Release Note.

'''Table of Contents'''
[[TableOfContents]]

=== Testing Ideas ===
Test your favorite application with Derby 10.5.1.   See [http://db.apache.org/derby/integrate/index.html Derby Resources], WorkingWithDerby and UsesOfDerby for more possibilities.

||'''Name of Application'''||'''Build Tested'''  ||'''Tests Performed'''|| '''Tester'''||'''Bugs Filed'''||'''Comments'''||