Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Moon, Yu-Chan" <Yu...@solers.com> on 2002/06/14 19:37:21 UTC

TOMCAT 4.0.3

Dear whomever it may concern,

    I was wondering if anybody could help regarding a class loading issue.
 This issue seems as if it was resolved in TOMCAT 4.0.4b -  where a fix was
 made so that none of the classes in java were overridden.  However, for
 certain reasons, I am restricted to use TOMCAT 4.0.3.  My problem is  in
 regards to using org.omg.CORBA.ORB class  (this class with the same
 package name exists in rt.jar and my orb jar).  I'm using JacORB with my
 web application, but I get the following error:

 java.lang.VerifyError: (class: org/jacorb/orb/ORB, method: interceptorInit
 signature: ()V) Incompatible object argument for function call
 	at org.omg.CORBA.ORB.create(Unknown Source)
 	at org.omg.CORBA.ORB.init(Unknown Source)

 I've traced the error to where the init method is called for the ORB, and
 made sure that the properties being passed to the init had the correct
 values for org.omg.CORBA.ORBClass and org.omg.CORBA.ORBSingleton.  To make
 sure this was a class loader problem, I have removed the org.omg.CORBA.*
 from my jacorb.jar, and my application works fine.  I've also modified the
 tomcat startup script to include the jacorb.jar in the classpath (from a
 dir other than the web application's lib directory), and that also works,
 but for certain reasons, I do not want to move the jacorb.jar elsewhere.
 Thus, I was wondering if there was any way to resolve this on the
application end,
 without resorting to TOMCAT 4.0.4.

 -Yu-Chan