Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacqueline Urbach <ju...@discountlens.ch> on 2014/02/03 13:51:54 UTC

Ofbiz my account module

We are in the process of modifying our present ecommerce shop into an ofbiz
shop. At this time one of the last tasks is converting our present frontend
page “my account” (www.discountlens.ch ) into ofbiz.  I’m wondering if there
is an ofbiz module for this page available... Our IT developers claim that
there is no such item available and that it has to be created from scratch.
The effort is scheduled to take several weeks. Can anybody confirm me this
or are there alternative options like “my account” modules available?  The
page itself is standard. Having functions like

Registration
Entry page
Changing data (Address, Name, delivery address, etc.)
Change password
Lost password
Subscribe to newsletter
Order overview
Bonus point account

Any help and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

J.Urbach

Re: Ofbiz my account module

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jacqueline,

When taking a look at
http://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org:8080/ecommerce/control/main, you will
find that a lot of the functionalities are already available.

When you subsequently register yourself (don't worry, the demo site gets
recycled regularly), you will find under 'profile' in the menu bar the
details in what you would decribe as your account.

The functionality is there (or at least most of what you require).

Regards,

Pierre Smits

*ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>*
Services & Solutions for Cloud-