Posted to announce@apache.org by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> on 2013/08/05 13:29:53 UTC

[ANNOUNCEMENT] HttpComponents HttpCore 4.2.5 GA Released

The Apache HttpComponents project is pleased to announce release 4.2.5
(GA) of HttpComponents HttpCore. This is a maintenance release that
fixes a number of bugs found in NIO components since 4.2.4.

Users of earlier versions of HttpCore 4.2 are advised to upgrade.

This is likely to be the last release in the 4.2.x branch.

Download -
<http://hc.apache.org/downloads.cgi>
Release notes -
<http://www.apache.org/dist/httpcomponents/httpcore/RELEASE_NOTES-4.2.x.txt>
HttpComponents site -
<http://hc.apache.org/>

About HttpComponents Core - HttpCore is a set of low level HTTP
transport components that can be used to build custom client and server
side HTTP services with a minimal footprint. HttpCore supports two I/O
models: a blocking I/O model based on the classic Java I/O and a
non-blocking, event driven I/O model based on Java NIO.