Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Conway, Ken" <Ke...@qwest.com> on 2004/01/22 19:33:47 UTC

InstantiationException

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to run ant 1.6.0 with a CLASSPATH
set.

Current if I try to do so, the following exception occurs:

java.lang.InstantiationException: org.apache.tools.ant.Main

        at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)

        at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:214)

        at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:90)

Of course, when I unset the CLASSPATH ant runs but I then run into
problems with my build process.

Ken Conway

Re: InstantiationException

Posted by Doug Lochart <dl...@capecomputing.com>.
You probably run into problems with your build because you are not creating
a <classpath> and using it in your scripts.
If you are doing this then maybe its a custom task that your build depends
on that isn't getting loaded.  If thats the case
put the jar of your custome task in the ANT_HOME/lib directory and voila  ..
magic happens =)

If thats not it please give more info on why the build is failing.  You
should try NOT to set a CLASSPATH when
you use ant ... it is so not necessary.

Doug

Now I've gained some understanding