Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Steiner, Priska" <Pr...@ipi.ch> on 2002/09/11 14:01:32 UTC

keep-with-next(broken)

Hello

Under FOP 0.20.4 the property 'keep-with-next' is marked as broken.
Is there any other possibility to keep rows together on a page instead of
working with 'keep-with-next' ?
Can someone say, if this property get's repaired soon ?

Regards
P.Steiner

Re: keep-with-next(broken)

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Steiner, Priska wrote:
> Under FOP 0.20.4 the property 'keep-with-next' is marked as broken.
> Is there any other possibility to keep rows together on a page instead of
> working with 'keep-with-next' ?
> Can someone say, if this property get's repaired soon ?

The keep-with-* and keep-together properties work to some
extend on table rows. You have to be careful if the table
as a whole won't fit for itself on an empty page.

For genearl use, no, it wont be repaired any time soon, i.e.
for two or three months, probably longer.

J.Pietschmann

Re: keep-with-next(broken)

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Tim Cavanagh wrote:
> I too would like to see the keeps function fixed.
>
> I am currently using a table with these attributes in the row element:
> <fo:table-row keep-with-next.within-page="always"
> keep-together.within-page="always">
>
> This does not seem to have any effect. Can anyone suggest any alternatives?

Indeed, the "within-page" part of the keep-with-* is ignored.
Either use keep-with-next.within-column="always" or simply
keep-with-next="always".

J.Pietschmann

Re: keep-with-next(broken)

Posted by Tim Cavanagh <ti...@tafe.sa.edu.au>.
Hi

I too would like to see the keeps function fixed.

I am currently using a table with these attributes in the row element:
<fo:table-row keep-with-next.within-page="always"
keep-together.within-page="always">

This does not seem to have any effect. Can anyone suggest any alternatives?

<http://dmit.va.com.au/cocoon/display_Works/1-90000/1-300/display_Works_16.x
ml?pdf=xsl_course_pdf>

Here is a page with my output it is all in a table but I would prefer to use
a region for the far left column but when I tried this the output was
corrupted in Adobe Acrobat 5.0.5.

Any tips greatly appreciated.

Regards

Tim Cavanagh