Posted to users@maven.apache.org by siegfried <si...@heintze.com> on 2007/10/02 00:13:05 UTC

How to fabricate class path and execute program from Maven (RE: How to run maven goals from Eclipse?)

I believe Carlos already responded to my question below. I think he said to
google search for the plug in (I could not find his response, maybe I
deleted it).

Well I did some searching and successfully demonstrated the anttasks
features at
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-antrun-plugin/examples/tasksAttributes
.html.

This is close, but not exactly what I had in mind: this will allow me to
execute additional commands as part of an existing goal like test or compile
or deploy.

Since I'm not allowed to create a custom goal like "execute", is there a
plug-in that I can invoke like (see
http://maven.apache.org/guides/plugin/guide-java-plugin-development.html)
"mvn hello:execute".

This seems like a very easy plug in to write and I'm surprised I am having
such a hard time finding it. Surely someone has already written this? What
should I search for? I tried ant, execute, run,  and no luck so far.

Thanks,
Siegfried

> (3)     Now in the Maven 1 book (that one with the purple cover from the
> Developers Notebook series), there was a jelly script to fabricate the
class
> path so I could run a java application implemented in the maven project.
Is

RE: How to fabricate class path and execute program from Maven (RE: How to run maven goals from Eclipse?)

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.
There is something called the exec plugin I believe and I think
something also called the app-builder. Try searching using the google
search on the maven.apache.org page. The dependency plugin can output
the classpath to a file for later execution.

)