Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by tao xiao <xi...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/11 05:12:14 UTC

expose setConsumerRebalanceListener

Hi,

Just wondering why setConsumerRebalanceListener is not exposed
in kafka.javaapi.consumer.ConsumerConnector? In the latest trunk code
setConsumerRebalanceListener is
in kafka.javaapi.consumer.ZookeeperConsumerConnector but not in
kafka.javaapi.consumer.ConsumerConnector which makes the method not visible
to client code. I have an use case where I need to do a cleanup and commit
offset before rebalance kicks in something like what mirror make does. It
would be nice if setConsumerRebalanceListener is visible from
kafka.javaapi.consumer.ConsumerConnector so that I can pass in my owne
rebalance listener. Any reason why this method is not exposed?