Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Oscar Picasso <os...@yahoo.com> on 2005/02/28 17:41:40 UTC

Rsync staged site deploy hangs

Hi,

Not sure this is a maven specific question.

When I do:
$ maven site:publish

I get:
    [echo] Executing rsync on stage server to publish to live server
    [echo] executable: ssh
and it hangs.

I can do direct deployments without problem to both the stage and publish
sites.

I tried the -X option and get:
    [exec] [DEBUG] Execute:Java13CommandLauncher: Executing 'ssh' with
arguments:
'<stage-username>@<stage-host>'
'rsync  -avz <stage-directory>/*
<deploy-username>@<deploy-host>:<deploy-directory>

I have verified the syntax and parameters of the command and all seems OK.

I have also tried to execute the command directly from the shell and it hangs
too.

Any idea?

Re: Rsync staged site deploy hangs

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
if you are on cygwin, it is a known bug in Cygwin when there is remote
output. You need to change it to "rsync -az" (the latest site plugin
code defaults to this).

- Brett