Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Pilho Kim <ph...@math.soongsil.ac.kr> on 2001/03/23 07:50:47 UTC

multibyte-query-string workaround

Hi,

For my case, Internet Explorer is setted so that it converts
every URI string to a URL-encoded UTF8 string and sends it to server.
But it sends query-string "as is" (this is, an array of bytes).

HTTP demon (or servlet engine) should interprete
the URL-encoded URI string as the most suitable one.

For Tomcat & Apache co-work case, the URI string is not
interpreted well.

So, I have made a "multibyte-query-string workaround"
for Tomcat & Apache.

(See  http://www.javaclue.org/tomcat/patch32/qs-workaround.html )

Although the workaround is not complete, but it works well
(in almost case) at least for "EUC-KR" charset.

Thanks,
Kim