Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net> on 2007/01/30 18:51:23 UTC

[Site] Template preview available

Hi all,

I've been preparing the template for ADS website today.

You can see a preview of it here :
http://people.apache.org/~pamarcelot/ls-site/

I applied it on LDAP Studio's site, as Emmanuel suggested.

I've been using the design preview we had received from Nykola.

Feel free to give me some feedback... ;)

Cheers,

P-A

Re: [Site] Template preview available

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.

> Ah, I didn't know that.  I am sorry that I raised a duplicate issue.  I
> have a question though regarding the 'gradient'.  I don't see there's any
> gradient except for the background image.  Are you talking about the round
> corners, or dropped shadow?

This is because your screen is too wide, and you can't see a difference
between left and right parts of it :) (me neither, with my 24" screen :)

For round corners, we could use this cool script trick:

--
Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny

Re: [Site] Template preview available

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
On 2/3/07, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net> wrote:

> Ah, I didn't know that.  I am sorry that I raised a duplicate issue.
> >

> No pb. ;)
>
> I have a question though regarding the 'gradient'.  I don't see there's
> > any gradient except for the background image.  Are you talking about the
> > round corners, or dropped shadow?
> >

> Exactly, I was talking about the blue gradient in the header : http://directory.apache.org/staticresources/images/header.png

doh!  Now I got it. :D

Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
--
PGP key fingerprints:

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.
> Ah, I didn't know that.  I am sorry that I raised a duplicate issue.

No pb. ;)

I have a question though regarding the 'gradient'.  I don't see there's any
> gradient except for the background image.  Are you talking about the round
> corners, or dropped shadow?

Exactly, I was talking about the blue gradient in the header :
http://directory.apache.org/staticresources/images/header.png

For round corners, we could use this cool script trick:

> http://www.curvycorners.net/
>
> For dropped shadow, I have no idea. :(

Thanks for this link, that's very interesting... I didn't know this one...

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
On 2/3/07, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net> wrote:

> Lucky man! ;) Is it a 30" inches ?

:D

As I said to Ersin, using a relative width for the content part will mess up

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.
Lucky man! ;) Is it a 30" inches ?

As I said to Ersin, using a relative width for the content part will mess up
the header since it contains a gradient that can't be calculated at runtime
according to the size of the window.

So, if we relly want to have a relative width, we'll have to remove the
gradient from the header and then with some little tweak, we can have a full
relative website...

What do you think ?

P-A

Posted by Ole Ersoy <ol...@yahoo.com>.
Looks awesome!  Dig the grop shadow and the rounded
corners.

http://people.apache.org/~pamarcelot/ls-site2/<http://people.apache.org/%7Epamarcelot/ls-site2/>

http://people.apache.org/~pamarcelot/ls-site/<http://people.apache.org/%7Epamarcelot/ls-site/>

http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/265

Re: [Site] Template preview available

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Great !

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@apache.org>.

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.

Posted by Tino Schwarze <ap...@tisc.de>.

Posted by Stefan Zoerner <sz...@apache.org>.
Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot wrote:
> I've been preparing the template for ADS website today.
>
> You can see a preview of it here :
> http://people.apache.org/~pamarcelot/ls-site/
>
> I applied it on LDAP Studio's site, as Emmanuel suggested.
>
> I've been using the design preview we had received from Nykola.
>
> Feel free to give me some feedback... ;)
Great work, Pierre-Arnaud! It gives a very good impression of what would
be possible in the very near future. Thank You for trying this out!

And btw. I like the feathers from Nykola, they remind our visitors from
whom this software comes from ...

Greetings from Hamburg,
     Stefan

---8<---

Stefan Zoerner (szoerner@apache.org)
Apache Directory Project
Committer :: PMC Member

Re: [Site] Template preview available

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de>.
Hey, very cool site, looks very smooth. The right and bottom shadow is
perfect.

Could you make the normal font color (currently #888888) a bit more
darker, I think it would be better readable then.

Is there already a decision about the final logo? Perhaps you could do
one or two designs with the top rated logos?

And sorry, but I don't like the tow feathers in the background :-(

Bye,
Stefan