Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Cesar <ce...@uol.com.br> on 2004/07/08 20:53:23 UTC

Still my Problem with the PercistanceBroker

Hi People

Somebody would know to say me what it happens for ojb to log this Info?

"7202369 INFO  [Thread-2] accesslayer.ConnectionFactoryPooledImpl - Destroy
object was called, try to close connection:
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleConnection@1f40ca0"

Thanks

Re: Still my Problem with the PercistanceBroker

Posted by Armin Waibel <ar...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Cesar wrote:

> Hi People
>
> Somebody would know to say me what it happens for ojb to log this Info?
>
> "7202369 INFO  [Thread-2] accesslayer.ConnectionFactoryPooledImpl - Destroy
> object was called, try to close connection:
> oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleConnection@1f40ca0"

The pool destroy
- idle connections if you enable setting in configuration.
- connections which don't pass the validation check (closed connections,
corrupted connections, timed out connections, ...)

So nothing to worry about ;-)
(Except this will always happened)

regards,
Armin

Posted by Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter <ed...@mgrinformatica.com.br>.
Some old versions of Oracle have a trouble with resultsets & cursors...
I faced this problem, and the unique solution I've found was close first
the resultset, then the statement (that releases cursors) and finally,
the connection.

I don't know how OJB closes connections (and statements, and
resultsets), but I'll recommend you to look for updated JDBC driver (and
test the native one and the pure java too), to know if this apply to
you.

Best regards,

Edson Richter
<pt_BR>
Eu tive esperiências com Oracle algum tempo atrás, e haviam muitos
problemas relacionados a ResultSets e Cursors. A única solução que achei
foi fechar primeiro o ResultSet, então o Statement (o que liberava os
cursors no lado do database), e finalmente a conexão.

Eu não sei como o OJB fecha as conexões (e Statements, e ResultSets),
porém eu recomendo a você dar uma olhada em drivers JDBC atualizados  (e
testar o driver nativo - OCI - e o puro Java, pois eles tem
comportamento diferente), para saber se você está enfrentando o mesmo
problema que eu enfrentei no passado.

[]s

Edson Richter
</pt_BR>