Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Stefaan <st...@nachtergaele.net> on 2008/07/11 14:51:05 UTC

how to use Batik to generate proprietary graphics commands?

Starting with SVG input, my goal is generate simple graphics commands and to
send these graphics commands to an Flex client. The flex client will then
render these commands as an image. The only reason for rendering on the
client is to have lossless zoom.

Approach 1: transform SVG to simplified SVG. The source SVG file contains
references, transforms, etc. Is it possible to transform this svg into
another svg which renders exactly the same image but is expressed only in
terms of simple shapes and paths without complex things like transforms.
Does anyone know of such a transformation, perhaps in xslt?

Approach 2: The Batik swing renderer ends up calling methods on a Graphics2D
objects. These calls will look a lot like the ones I will need to do in
flex. Can I somehow hook into this code and call the same methods on but on
some output class instead of the Graphics2D class. How do I hook in.

Approach 3: Make use of GVT somehow.. But how?

Can anyone help along?

Thanks Stefaan