Posted to dev@vcl.apache.org by Roger Herling <Ro...@marist.edu> on 2010/04/29 21:32:52 UTC

windows imaging script location on management node

I need to find the scripts the vcld uses to prep a windows vista image can
someone point me to the file locations?

Roger Herling
Sr. Desktop Administrator
Marist College
PH: 845-575-3347

Re: windows imaging script location on management node

Posted by Andy Kurth <an...@ncsu.edu>.
On your management node:
/usr/local/vcl/tools/Windows/Scripts

These get copied to the Windows computer during capture at:
C:\cywin\home\root\VCL\Scripts

The main 2 scripts to look at are sysprep_cmdlines.cmd and post_load.cmd.  These
   call the other scripts.  sysprep_cmdlines.cmd runs during Sysprep minisetup
before the computer boots for the first time.  post_load.cmd runs after the
computer boots, Sysprep finishes, and the root account is automatically logged in.

The goal is for these scripts to only perform tasks which can't be done via the
Perl management node code via SSH in order to keep code/logic from having to be
saved in the images.  There are many other script-like tasks which get run via
Perl vcld/SSH.

Hope this helps,
Andy

--