Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Cassandra Targett <ca...@gmail.com> on 2019/05/29 14:39:20 UTC

Solr Ref Guide for 8.0 and 8.1

It’s probably not news that I’m terribly behind with the Ref Guide releases. There’s lots of reasons, but suffice it to say this year hasn’t been my best so far.

To get out of this hole, I’m plan to start a VOTE for the 8.0 Ref Guide tomorrow. The biggest piece I needed to finish there was the Major Changes page, which I committed last week even though I still feel like that page is missing something. But I already did my typo sweep and a mostly thorough check of major features documented a month or so ago, so close enough is going to need to be good enough :-)

In parallel with the 8.0 vote, I’ll start the 8.1 Guide process. There are more things I have yet to do there since I just started looking at it, but I have the Upgrade Notes done already so hopefully it will be relatively quick. My dream would be to get a VOTE going there by the weekend, but at worst by mid-next week.

Let me know if anyone has any objections to any part of my plan. Thanks for your patience on this.

Cassandra