Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by matteor <ma...@abodata.com> on 2013/02/19 23:21:52 UTC

Network of brokers theory of operations

Let us say I start broker1 and as soon as broker1 completes its start-up
procedure a consumer C1 starts listening on topic TOPIC1. After that,
broker2 starts and a couple of consumers C2 and C3 subscribe to TOPIC1 as
well.

Broker1 and broker2 form a network of brokers with multicast discovery.
Cluster client updates and rebalancing feature is enabled through the
rebalanceClusterClients, updateClusterClientsOnRemove and
updateClusterClients properties. Network connector has duplex property set
to true. Now let us say that a producer P1 create a message on TOPIC1.

I would expect that every consumer (C1, C2 and C3) receive a copy of that
message, right? And I assume as well that the broker P1 is affiliated to is
immaterial, is it?

Thank you

Re: Network of brokers theory of operations

Posted by matteor <ma...@abodata.com>.
Thank you! Indeed I got this behavior in my tests, but you know... just to
have the official seal and be completely sure :)

Re: Network of brokers theory of operations

Posted by Christian Posta <ch...@gmail.com>.
Sounds right.

On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 3:21 PM, matteor <ma...@abodata.com> wrote:

> Let us say I start broker1 and as soon as broker1 completes its start-up
> procedure a consumer C1 starts listening on topic TOPIC1. After that,
> broker2 starts and a couple of consumers C2 and C3 subscribe to TOPIC1 as
> well.
>
> Broker1 and broker2 form a network of brokers with multicast discovery.
> Cluster client updates and rebalancing feature is enabled through the
> rebalanceClusterClients, updateClusterClientsOnRemove and
> updateClusterClients properties. Network connector has duplex property set
> to true. Now let us say that a producer P1 create a message on TOPIC1.
>
> I would expect that every consumer (C1, C2 and C3) receive a copy of that
> message, right? And I assume as well that the broker P1 is affiliated to is
> immaterial, is it?
>
> Thank you

*Christian Posta*
http://www.christianposta.com/blog