Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Edward Capriolo <ed...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/24 17:52:10 UTC

[Discuss] tez jars ship with hive in indivisable fashion

There are a few hadoop vendors that make it an unnecesary burden on users
to get tez running.

This forces users to compile patch in tez support.

Imho this is shameful. These same vendors include all types of extra add
ins like say hbase or even mongo support.

This 'creative packaging' only serves to drive users away from hive. Users
have to patch to get the performance they should get for free.

I am propsing we engineer hive in such a way it installs the execution
engines it wants and we mange those jara directly so that a vendor can not
alter the storage engine offerings.

--
Sorry this was sent from mobile. Will do less grammar and spell check than
usual.