Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com> on 2021/08/17 12:02:21 UTC

Re: [PROPOSAL] Minimal JDK on ActiveMQ Artemis...

I have raised https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARTEMIS-3420 and
created a related PR at
https://github.com/apache/activemq-artemis/pull/3696 for this.

I think it is time to move on requiring Java 11 for future releases,
and just after a release is a great time to get going on it.

It has now been 7 months since the original proposal and discussion.
2.17.0 and 2.18.0 have both gone out. Java 17 is almost ready (RC2 due
later this week, release due 4 weeks today).

Robbie

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
Note that the related PR has just been merged, so the main branch now
requires Java 11+ to build and run.

You may see failures if you are still building with < 11 in any envs.
It does have an enforcer plugin run to verify the Java version used,
so it is fairly clear on why the build fails if you do try on a lower
version.

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.

--
Clebert Suconic

Re: [PROPOSAL] Minimal JDK on ActiveMQ Artemis...

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.