Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Adam Heath <do...@brainfood.com> on 2014/06/19 00:53:42 UTC

EntityCondition, javolution ObjectFactory, immutability

I noticed that Adrian removed most of javolution from the entity engine,
just over a year ago.  One of the uses was the ObjectFactory pattern.
That is good.  However, that change still made use of generic do-nothing
constructors, and init() helper methods.

Is there any particular reason to keep doing things that way?  I'd like
to see conditions become immutable; it would prevent thinkos like I have
discovered while investigating OFBIZ-5659.

Re: EntityCondition, javolution ObjectFactory, immutability

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@sandglass-software.com>.
Most likely, I was trying to keep the commit specific to removing
Javolution, so I didn't make any other changes.

Aside from removing Javolution, I did some other work to make parts of
the EE immutable. I didn't finish that work because some parts of the EE
would require major rewrites, and also because I ran out of free time.

Adrian Crum
Sandglass Software
www.sandglass-software.com