Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Leone <mi...@cox.net> on 2005/04/16 15:18:01 UTC

Can't get Tomcat to use account other than System

I think this is a pretty basic question, but I couldn't find an answer
in the archives. I've been using Tomcat for a while, with Tomcat logging
on as the local System account. Now I'd like Tomcat to have some
additional access rights, so I'm trying to get it to log on as a
privileged user. I have Tomcat 5.5.8 installed as a Service on Windows
XP. I launch the Service properties window, go to the "Log On" tab,
check the "This Account" radio button, and then enter the account
credentials.

The credentials seem to be accepted, but if I close the Service
properties window and re-launch it, the "Log On" tab has reverted to its
default configuration, i.e. Log on as "Local System Account" is enabled
instead of the account I specified. And Tomcat doesn't have the access
rights I'd like it to have, even after restart.