Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by jaki <ja...@infosys.com> on 2008/09/29 13:06:28 UTC

Displaying product attributes in ecommerce site?

How do you display the attribues added for a product on that products page in
the ecommerce app?

Re: Displaying product attributes in ecommerce site?

Posted by Chirag Manocha <ch...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Hello Jackie,
The entity used for this is ProductAttribute & relation between Product
and ProductAttribute is one-to-many.
You can directly do this by code modification. Nothing has to be set for it.

Regards

Chirag Manocha
HotWax Media
http://www.hotwaxmedia.com
============================
Email   :- chirag.manocha@hotwaxmedia.com
Contact :- +91-982-631-9099

Posted by Bilgin Ibryam <bi...@iguanait.com>.
On Mon, 2008-09-29 at 05:45 -0700, jaki wrote:
> Suppose I have a laptop as a product. I have added attributes such as
> cpu
> type, memory, video adapter, etc. for the product using catalog
> manager. I
> would like for these attributes to be displayed in that products page
> in the
> ecommerce site along with other info like price, weight, etc. which
> usually
> gets displayed for all products. I was hoping for a simpler way to do
> this
> than having to modify the code.

If you don't want to deal with aggregated products and production runs,
but only to visualize some info, you may use also product features.
For an example of this, take a look at productFeatureType SIZE and how
it is visualized in product page.

Bilgin

Re: Displaying product attributes in ecommerce site?

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
And If you only need to put static informations about your composite product, then simply put them in the long description (content
menu in product, not general tab appli)

Jacques

From: "Sumit Pandit" <su...@hotwaxmedia.com>

Posted by Sumit Pandit <su...@hotwaxmedia.com>.