Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Peter Carlson <ca...@bookandhammer.com> on 2002/05/20 17:58:24 UTC

VOTE: Lucene 1.2 Final Release

Hi all Lucene Committers.

We released 1.2-RC5 last week (5/14) and it's almost been a week with one
issue that has been resolved (queryParser not supporting "?" as a
wildcard"). We said we would take a vote in a week to decide if we would go
Final Release.

So, should we

[ ] 1. Release current code as 1.2 final release
[ ] 2. Wait 5/27 to let the release "bake in" more.

It doesn't seem like there has been much activity on the list, so it is hard
to tell how many people have tried out the latest release, but RC-4 has been
out there for a very long time and proven stable.

--Peter

Re: Lucene 1.2 Final Release

Posted by Eugene Gluzberg <dr...@apache.org>.
I am for #2.

I would also recommend writing an email to the users group to enchorage and
try the new rc5 release.

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

Re: VOTE: Lucene 1.2 Final Release

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.
<snip/>

>[+1] 1. Release current code as 1.2 final release
>[ ] 2. Wait 5/27 to let the release "bake in" more.

<snip/>

-Andy

Re: VOTE: Lucene 1.2 Final Release

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
I'm pro release, but I'm in no rush either.

Otis