Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Brown Bay <br...@hotmail.com> on 2002/02/14 15:43:24 UTC

Scale Tomcat-Apache

I have Apache 1.3.19 and Tomcat 4.0.1 running off a Suse Linux box "A". I
can scale this config for upto 1500 users giving acceptible response times.
I have an identical machine "B".

What I would like to do is run Apache on machine A, serving requests off to
Tomcat on machines A and B, some kind of load balancing to achieve better
performance and server more users. Can somebody please point me to
documentation that shows how to do this.

Thanks.

Brown.

Tomcat - OMVS/S390 - Urgent

Posted by Brown Bay <br...@hotmail.com>.
Has anyone got Tomcat (any version) running under OMVS on S390.

Please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Brown.

Re: Scale Tomcat-Apache - Is this true?

Posted by "Christopher K. St. John" <ck...@distributopia.com>.
Brown Bay wrote:

> http://www.apachelabs.org/tomcat-user/200112.mbox/%3C01f101c17e30$577e27a0$4
> 8976c84@ses.sk%3E

  http://mikal.org/interests/java/tomcat/archive/view?mesg=55280

    "Highlights in this release include: Full support for the
     AJP 1.3 and 1.4 native connector protocols, including
     load balancing"

--
Christopher St. John cks@distributopia.com
DistribuTopia http://www.distributopia.com

RE: Scale Tomcat-Apache - Is this true?

Posted by Ming Fai <mi...@hongkong.com>.
to my understanding, tomcat 4.02 beta has fixed the mod_jk load balancing
problem. The newly released 4.02 should support load balancing, could
somebody confirm this?

regards,
mingfai

> I have Apache 1.3.19 and Tomcat 4.0.1 running off a Suse Linux box "A". I
> can scale this config for upto 1500 users giving acceptible response
times.
> I have an identical machine "B".
>
> What I would like to do is run Apache on machine A, serving requests off
> Tomcat on machines A and B, some kind of load balancing to achieve better
> performance and server more users. Can somebody please point me to
> documentation that shows how to do this.
>

> Brown.

I found this on the internet. Is this true. Is there a workaround to this.

http://www.apachelabs.org/tomcat-user/200112.mbox/%3C01f101c17e30$577e27a0$4
8976c84@ses.sk%3E

If I do go back to TC3.3, what do I gain/lose in terms of functionality and
performance.

Posted by Brown Bay <br...@hotmail.com>.