Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Rick Hillegas <ri...@oracle.com> on 2011/06/10 17:10:38 UTC

Re: draft of message to derby-user concerning the future of the Eclipse plugins

I sent a message to the user list two weeks ago but haven't seen any
Here are some possibilities:

1) Send a follow-up message to the user list, asking for volunteer
plugin builders.

2) Shrug this off as an example of raising an issue too soon. When 10.9
appears without plugins, then the people who are affected will make
themselves known. At that time they can figure out who will build the
plugins and where they will host them.

Thanks,
-Rick

Re: draft of message to derby-user concerning the future of the Eclipse plugins

Posted by Rick Hillegas <ri...@oracle.com>.
On 6/10/11 5:55 PM, Dave Brosius wrote:
> Curious, is the intention to have someone push this code base to a
> different source code repository, rather than with derby at Apache? Or
> is this change only a release management issue?
Hi Dave,

This is a release management issue. So far, no-one has suggested
removing any source code from the Derby repository.

Regards,
-Rick

Posted by Dave Brosius <db...@apache.org>.

Posted by Rick Hillegas <ri...@oracle.com>.

Posted by Kathey Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net>.

Posted by Rick Hillegas <ri...@oracle.com>.
Thanks for the quick response, Kathey. A couple of follow-up questions
inline...

Posted by Kathey Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net>.