Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Erik <wh...@roomity.com> on 2005/04/12 23:42:45 UTC

help needed with feedparser

I need some help getting feedparser downloaded/built on my dev machine.
  I'm using eclipse on a fedora core 3 box.  I have Subclipse installed.

I am looking in jakarta/commons/proper/feedparser and am not sure
where/what to checkout?  Should I do the "Checkout as project" or a
"Checkout as..." and then select "Java Project"?  Also, should I grab
the feedparser directory, or should I get trunk, or should I just get
the src directory?

Thanks...
Erik

Re: Feedparser download

Posted by TestHmm <te...@gmail.com>.
Marco Mistroni wrote:
> Hello all
> 	Anyone knows the proper URL for downloading
Yeah, I just went through this exercise yesterday......  Try using:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/commons/proper/feedparser/trunk

The Jakarta Commons - FeedParser documentation is both lacking and
incorrect in places, but the api is great.

Erik

Re: help needed with feedparser

Posted by Giorgio Gallo <gi...@overlord.it>.
For feedparser specifically I don't know... :)
Since you say it built, I imagine the required jars are in svn...

Personally I've fallen in love with maven when I first typed

	maven jcoverage

and have seen it automagically download the jars it needed to give me an
html junit-coverage report :)

AFAIK the main difference between maven and ant is that to the latter
you have to tell how to do things, while to maven you only tell "hey,
theese are my source folders", "theese are my dependencies" and then you
can ask it to do things for you, like "I want you to build the project"
or "I want a test coverage report" or "I want you to create an eclipse
project here" or just about everything (maven comes with tons of goals -
they're just like ant targets)

cheers
Giorgio

Posted by Erik <wh...@roomity.com>.

Feedparser download

Posted by Marco Mistroni <mm...@waersystems.com>.
Hello all
	Anyone knows the proper URL for downloading
Feedparser (either source or binaries)?

I cant find any working links.....

Thanx and regards
	marco