Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Swapnil Bawaskar <sb...@pivotal.io> on 2016/02/26 02:10:51 UTC

Build emails from Travis

Do we want build emails from travis sent to the dev list?

The default mechanism from the travis site
<https://docs.travis-ci.com/user/notifications/> is as follows:

By default, a build email is sent to the committer and the author, but only
if they have access to the repository the commit was pushed to. This
prevents forks active on Travis CI from notifying the upstream repository’s
owners when they’re pushing any upstream changes to their fork. It also
prevents build notifications from going to folks not registered on Travis
CI.

The email address is then determined based on the email address in the
commit, but only if it matches one of the email addresses in our database.
We synchronize all your email addresses from GitHub, solely for the purpose
of build notifications.

We can configure travis to send emails to the dev list when the state of
the build changes (from passing to failing OR from failing to passing). No
multiple emails on failing builds.

Thanks!
Swapnil.

Re: Build emails from Travis

Posted by Swapnil Bawaskar <sb...@pivotal.io>.
Travis job failed on PR#107, but that was due to build failing on develop
itself, had nothing to do with the PR.
In the future, if this unfortunate timing does occur again, the pull
request can be closed, and then re-opened which will kick-off the travis
job.

Re: Build emails from Travis

Posted by Dave Barnes <db...@pivotal.io>.
Swapnil,