Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by Pushkar Pradhan <pp...@oath.com.INVALID> on 2018/11/28 20:06:49 UTC

RE: New plugins in 7.1.x

Hello,
I would like to opensource a plugin we are using into 7.1.x branch.
Please let me know if this would be acceptable?

--
pushkar

Re: New plugins in 7.1.x

Posted by Alan Carroll <so...@oath.com.INVALID>.
I think libyaml and YAMLCPP are different dependencies. Given the goal of
this work, I think it should be fine to make it compatible with 7.1.x
without putting it in the actual distribution, and then look at adding it
to 9.0 with a conversion to YAMLCPP.

Re: New plugins in 7.1.x

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.

> On Nov 29, 2018, at 11:45 AM, Pushkar Pradhan <pp...@oath.com.INVALID> wrote:
>
> The plugin has dependencies on libyaml and libpcre.
> AFAIK TS already depends on these two.

Not exactly. libpcre, yes. But the YAML dependency is only in 8.0.x and later.

In general, I’m mostly -1 on adding new features to 7.1.x at this point, so it’ll have to be a very strong argument and completely seamless integration. People should just upgrade to v8.1.0 for new features that didn’t make it into 8.0.0 :-).

Cheers,

— leif

Re: New plugins in 7.1.x

Posted by Bryan Call <bc...@apache.org>.
As the secondary release manager I am OK with adding this to 7.1.x.  However, it would be good to hear from the primary release manager (Leif).

-Bryan

Re: New plugins in 7.1.x

Posted by Pushkar Pradhan <pp...@oath.com.INVALID>.

--
pushkar

Re: New plugins in 7.1.x

Posted by Bryan Call <bc...@apache.org>.

Re: New plugins in 7.1.x

Posted by Pushkar Pradhan <pp...@oath.com.INVALID>.
Not yet. I am cleaning up the code for open sourcing.

--
pushkar

Re: New plugins in 7.1.x

Posted by Susan Hinrichs <sh...@apache.org>.