Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by "Mitra, Vijay (London)" <Mi...@exchange.uk.ml.com> on 2000/07/27 13:24:15 UTC

Porting Xalan C++ to Sun Solaris : Problems encountered

Hi All,

I'm working in a project where we using Xalan as a converter of XML to XML
documents. Problem is it has to be ported to Sun Solaris , using g++
compiler.

I was just building the existing sample source codes.
I have done all the configurations, done some changes to the makefile too.
Then it satrting giving errors for some .hpp files.

Preparing the directory structure for a build ...
mkdir -p /home/mitravij/FILES/xml-xalan/c/obj
mkdir -p /home/mitravij/FILES/xml-xalan/c/lib
mkdir -p /home/mitravij/FILES/xml-xalan/c/bin
g++ -DSOLARIS -fpic -L/usr/lib -L/usr/local/lib TestXSLT/process.cpp -o
/home/mitravij/FILES/xml-xalan/c/bin/testXSLT -I . -I
/home/mitravij/FILES/xerces-c_1_2_0-SolCC/src/ -I
/home/mitravij/FILES/xerces-c_1_2_0-SolCC/include/ \
 -lc -L/home/mitravij/FILES/xml-xalan/c/lib -lxalan-c0_40  -L/usr/lib
-L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/ccs/lib -lc
-L/home/mitravij/FILES/xerces-c_1_2_0-SolCC/lib -lxerces-c1_2 -O
In file included from XPath/XPath.hpp:78,
                 from TestXSLT/process.cpp:83:
PlatformSupport/STLHelper.hpp:223: parse error before `{'
PlatformSupport/STLHelper.hpp:236: semicolon missing after declaration of
`struct MapValueDeleteFunctor<T>'
PlatformSupport/STLHelper.hpp:250: parse error before `&'
PlatformSupport/STLHelper.hpp:250: syntax error before `&'
PlatformSupport/STLHelper.hpp:270: semicolon missing after declaration of
`struct MapKeyDeleteFunctor<T>'
XSLT/XSLTEngineImpl.hpp:157: sorry, not implemented: `namespace_decl' not
supported by dump_type
In file included from TestXSLT/process.cpp:102:
XSLT/XSLTEngineImpl.hpp:157: `' is not an aggregate type
XSLT/XSLTEngineImpl.hpp:157: warning: ANSI C++ forbids typedef which does
not specify a type
XSLT/XSLTEngineImpl.hpp:157: confused by earlier errors, bailing out
make: *** [/home/mitravij/FILES/xml-xalan/c/bin/testXSLT] Error 1

I have no idea what a 'parse error ' is , where to look etc etc. The code
looks quite ok. Here is the code of STLHelper.hpp

/**
 * Functor to delete value objects in maps, used in STL iteration
algorithms.
 */
template <class T>
#if defined(XALAN_NO_NAMESPACES)
struct MapValueDeleteFunctor : public unary_function<const T::value_type&,
void>
#else
struct MapValueDeleteFunctor : public std::unary_function<const typename
T::value_type&, void>
#endif
{
        result_type
        operator()(argument_type        thePair) const
        {
                delete thePair.second;
        }
};

Can anyone help me on this, any ideas , any suggestions. Do I have to make
some variable setups etc .

URGENT pls.

Thank You.

	Vijay Ketan Mitra
Merril Lynch Europe , Middle East and Africa (MLEMEA) PLC
Milton House 11
Milton Street, London EC2Y 9BH

	Emails: mitravij@exchange.uk.ml.com
			 mitra_vijay@hotmail.com