Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Richard Liang <ri...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/01 14:07:20 UTC

Sorry for making trouble for vote

Dear Geir,

Just realize I'm not a committers after I'm too impertinent to read your
notes clearly. :-) Sorry again.

--
Richard Liang
China Software Development Lab, IBM

Re: Sorry for making trouble for vote

Posted by Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com>.
On 02/03/06, Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com> wrote:

> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> >
> > If somebody sees an iceberg while dancing on the deck of the titanic, I
> > would want the captains to know sooner rather than later ;-)
>
> Now there's a positive thought...
>
> Maybe that will be the 'codename' for our first milestone when we have
> the VM and things clicking...
>
>      Apache Harmony "Titanic"
>
> Maybe we can work on a general theme of "Great Maritime Disasters".  We
> could have the Edmund Fitzgerald, the Sultana, ....

LOL!

If naming milestones after disasters is a "positive thought", I dread
to think what your "negative thoughts" might be like. ;-)

-Mark.

--
Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com>
IBM Java Technology Centre, UK.

Re: Sorry for making trouble for vote

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com>.

Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> Richard Liang wrote:
>> Dear Geir,
>>
>> Just realize I'm not a committers after I'm too impertinent to read
>> your notes clearly. :-) Sorry again.
>
> Richard,
>
> committers make 'binding' votes, but votes from the community are as
> important because they stimulate participation and signal information to
> those steering the ship forward.
>
> If somebody sees an iceberg while dancing on the deck of the titanic, I
> would want the captains to know sooner rather than later ;-)

Now there's a positive thought...

Maybe that will be the 'codename' for our first milestone when we have
the VM and things clicking...

     Apache Harmony "Titanic"

Maybe we can work on a general theme of "Great Maritime Disasters".  We
could have the Edmund Fitzgerald, the Sultana, ....

geir

Re: Sorry for making trouble for vote

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Richard Liang wrote:
> Thanks a lot for your encouragement, Stefano. I will try to participate
> as much as possible ;-)

Welcome on board!

And I must remind everybody: this is a volunteer project, even if it has
such important and difficult goals. This means that if you're not having
fun participating, somebody (either you or us) is doing something wrong.

Scratch your own itch, make it do the things *you* care for it,
contribute what you can and don't feel guilty if you can't contribute
what you would want to.

;-)

Posted by Richard Liang <ri...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.