Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Pablo Ruggia <pr...@gmail.com> on 2005/03/23 04:55:12 UTC

Test Driven Developement

Hi, i'm starting to work with Tapestry and I really want to do
automatic tests for all my application pages.
Wich is the best utility/library/framework  to do it ?
Does tapestry have classes that support or make more easy this job ?

Thanks.

Re: Test Driven Developement

Posted by Kent Tong <ke...@cpttm.org.mo>.
Todd O'Bryan <toddobryan <at> mac.com> writes:

> Can you access form (and other) items by id using HtmlUnit?

Sure:
   HtmlPage page=...;
   HtmlTextInput textField = (HtmlTextInput)page.getHtmlElementById("myId");

> That's been
> one of my griefs with JWebUnit since Tapestry co-opts the name
> attribute.

You could bypass JWebUnit and use HttpUnit directly. The latter
does allow you to get an element using its id.

Re: Test Driven Developement

Posted by Todd O'Bryan <to...@mac.com>.
On Mar 23, 2005, at 2:00 AM, Kent Tong wrote:

> HtmlUnit. I've just submitted a patch to make it work
> with the way Javascript is handled in Tapestry. So,
> make sure to get the code from the latest CVS.
>
> I've tried both HttpUnit and HtmlUnit. Both had this
> problem. I decided to patch HtmlUnit because its
> developers were more responsive and the code seemed
> to be better structured and well-written.

Can you access form (and other) items by id using HtmlUnit? That's been
one of my griefs with JWebUnit since Tapestry co-opts the name
attribute.

Thanks,
Todd

Re: Test Driven Developement

Posted by Koen Segers <Ko...@scarlet.be>.
On Wednesday 23 March 2005 08:00, Kent Tong wrote:
> Pablo Ruggia <pruggia <at> gmail.com> writes:
> > Hi, i'm starting to work with Tapestry and I really want to do
> > automatic tests for all my application pages.
> > Wich is the best utility/library/framework  to do it ?

I use Jmeter for it.
You can easily record your operation with their encapsulated proxy server. It
stores everything, you create assertions and make it run :)

> HtmlUnit. I've just submitted a patch to make it work
> with the way Javascript is handled in Tapestry. So,
> make sure to get the code from the latest CVS.
>
> I've tried both HttpUnit and HtmlUnit. Both had this
> problem. I decided to patch HtmlUnit because its
> developers were more responsive and the code seemed
> to be better structured and well-written.
>
> > Does tapestry have classes that support or make more easy this job ?
>
> Howard has a "tapestry test assist" at
> http://howardlewisship.com/blog/2004/05/tapestry-test-assist.html
> which may make it easier to unit test your page classes.

Koen Segers

<ko...@scarlet.be>
<http://eddyvite.dyndns.org>

Re: Test Driven Developement

Posted by Kent Tong <ke...@cpttm.org.mo>.

Posted by Kevin Menard <ni...@negativetwenty.net>.
Hi Pablo,

On 3/22/05 10:55 PM, "Pablo Ruggia" <pr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, i'm starting to work with Tapestry and I really want to do
> automatic tests for all my application pages.
> Wich is the best utility/library/framework  to do it ?
> Does tapestry have classes that support or make more easy this job ?

There was a fairly long thread on this about a month back.  Scan the
archives and you should find it.

--
Kevin