Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by RonnieMJ <ro...@hotmail.com> on 2008/10/06 20:46:16 UTC

Rampart Username and signed certificate

I'm pretty new to WS, and especially the security piece, but I'm using
rampart 1.4 using policy files to try to function as a client to an existing
(external to my company) web service.

I know that I need to send both a usernameToken and sign the header with a
certificate.  I've been able to do EITHER, but so far haven't been able to
do both.

I've tried it about 20 different ways, but my most recent attempt is:

<wsp:Policy wsu:Id="SigAndUName"
xmlns:wsu="http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-wssecurity-utility-1.0.xsd"
xmlns:wsp="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/09/policy">
	<wsp:All>
		<sp:AsymmetricBinding
xmlns:sp="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/07/securitypolicy">
			<wsp:Policy>
				<sp:InitiatorToken>
					<wsp:Policy>
						<sp:X509Token
sp:IncludeToken="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/07/securitypolicy/IncludeToken/AlwaysToRecipient">
							<wsp:Policy>
								<sp:WssX509V3Token10/>
							</wsp:Policy>
						</sp:X509Token>
					</wsp:Policy>
				</sp:InitiatorToken>
				<sp:RecipientToken>
					<wsp:Policy>
						<sp:X509Token
sp:IncludeToken="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/07/securitypolicy/IncludeToken/Never">
							<wsp:Policy>
								<sp:WssX509V3Token10/>
							</wsp:Policy>
						</sp:X509Token>
					</wsp:Policy>
				</sp:RecipientToken>
				<sp:AlgorithmSuite>
					<wsp:Policy>
						<sp:Basic128Rsa15/>
					</wsp:Policy>
				</sp:AlgorithmSuite>
				<sp:Layout>
					<wsp:Policy>
						<sp:Lax/>
					</wsp:Policy>
				</sp:Layout>
				<sp:OnlySignEntireHeadersAndBody/>
				<sp:SupportingTokens>
					<wsp:Policy>
						<sp:UsernameToken
sp:IncludeToken="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/07/securitypolicy/IncludeToken/AlwaysToRecipient"
/>
					</wsp:Policy>
				</sp:SupportingTokens>
			</wsp:Policy>
		</sp:AsymmetricBinding>

		<sp:Wss10 xmlns:sp="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/07/securitypolicy">
			<wsp:Policy>
				<sp:MustSupportRefKeyIdentifier />
				<sp:MustSupportRefIssuerSerial />
			</wsp:Policy>
		</sp:Wss10>

		<sp:SignedParts
xmlns:sp="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/07/securitypolicy">
			<sp:Body/>
		</sp:SignedParts>

		<ramp:RampartConfig xmlns:ramp="http://ws.apache.org/rampart/policy">
			<ramp:user>user</ramp:user>
			<ramp:encryptionUser>user</ramp:encryptionUser>

<ramp:passwordCallbackClass>com.xo.vzn_asr.business.util.PWCBHandler</ramp:passwordCallbackClass>

			<ramp:signatureCrypto>
				<ramp:crypto provider="org.apache.ws.security.components.crypto.Merlin">
					<ramp:property
name="org.apache.ws.security.crypto.merlin.keystore.type">jks</ramp:property>
					<ramp:property
name="org.apache.ws.security.crypto.merlin.file">client.jks</ramp:property>
					<ramp:property
name="org.apache.ws.security.crypto.merlin.keystore.alias">user</ramp:property>
					<ramp:property
name="org.apache.ws.security.crypto.merlin.keystore.password">keypassword</ramp:property>
				</ramp:crypto>
			</ramp:signatureCrypto>
		</ramp:RampartConfig>

	</wsp:All>
</wsp:Policy>

I expect the final header output to be something like:
<SOAP-ENV:Header >
	<wsse:Security >
		<wsse:UsernameToken >
			<wsse:Username >XXX</wsse:Username>
		</wsse:UsernameToken>
		<wsse:BinarySecurityToken >binaryTokenHere</wsse:BinarySecurityToken>
		<ds:Signature >
			<ds:SignedInfo >
				<ds:CanonicalizationMethod
Algorithm="http://www.w3.org/2001/10/xml-exc-c14n#"/>
				<ds:SignatureMethod
Algorithm="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#rsa-sha1"/>
				<ds:Reference >
					<ds:Transforms >
						<ds:Transform />
					</ds:Transforms>
					<ds:DigestMethod />
					<ds:DigestValue </ds:DigestValue>
				</ds:Reference>
				<ds:Reference >
					<ds:Transforms >
						<ds:Transform Algorithm="http://www.w3.org/2001/10/xml-exc-c14n#"/>
					</ds:Transforms>
					<ds:DigestMethod Algorithm="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#sha1"/>
					<ds:DigestValue </ds:DigestValue>
				</ds:Reference>
			</ds:SignedInfo>
			<ds:SignatureValue </ds:SignatureValue>
			<ds:KeyInfo >
				<wsse:SecurityTokenReference >
					<wsse:Reference />
				</wsse:SecurityTokenReference>
			</ds:KeyInfo>
		</ds:Signature>
	</wsse:Security>
</SOAP-ENV:Header>

I'm fairly sure I've just got the policy file slightly off.  Any
suggestions?  Thanks for any reply.

RE: Rampart Username and signed certificate

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
take a look at Rampart configuration parameters available at
http://ws.apache.org/rampart/rampartconfig-guide.html
specifically these 2 attributes need to be specified

user    The user's name    Set username of UsernameToken to be used
         <user> bob</user>
userCertAlias    The user's cert alias    Set alias of the key to be used to sign
          <userCertAlias> bob</userCertAlias>

//then create the java keystores

         * If your JDK version 1.3 or prior, download and install JSSE 1.0.2 or
           later, and put the JAR files into "$JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext".
         * Execute:
             %JAVA_HOME%\bin\keytool -genkey -alias tomcat -keyalg RSA (Windows)
             $JAVA_HOME/bin/keytool -genkey -alias tomcat -keyalg RSA  (Unix)
           with a password value of "changeit" for both the certificate and
           the keystore itself.
          keytool -certreq     [-v] [-protected]
             [-alias <alias>] [-sigalg <sigalg>]
             [-file <csr_file>] [-keypass <keypass>]
             [-keystore <keystore>] [-storepass <storepass>]
             [-storetype <storetype>] [-providerName <name>]
             [-providerClass <provider_class_name> [-providerArg <arg>]] ...
(you'll want to specify the csr_file)

this is a sample Receiver defined in axis2.xml notice the keystore filename and the keypassword
which you specifed above
        <parameter name="keystore" locked="false">
            <KeyStore>
                <Location>identity.jks</Location>
                <Type>JKS</Type>
                <Password>password</Password>
                <KeyPassword>password</KeyPassword>
            </KeyStore>
        </parameter>
        <parameter name="truststore" locked="false">
            <TrustStore>
                <Location>trust.jks</Location>
                <Type>JKS</Type>
                <Password>password</Password>
            </TrustStore>
        </parameter>-->

HTH
Martin
Disclaimer and confidentiality note

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com>.
1. What is your server side?
2. Did you author this policy, or did you get it from the service?
3. What is the fault that you get?

Thanks,
Samisa...

Posted by RonnieMJ <ro...@hotmail.com>.
Thanks Nandana,

No the most recent message wasn't accepted (ASSUMEDLY due to the username
token being encrypted).  I'll check with the other side (other company) to
see if they have more detail as to why it wasn't accepted.

Posted by RonnieMJ <ro...@hotmail.com>.
I finally figured it out.  I needed to use TransportBinding with an Endorsing
Supporting token of an X509 certificate and a SignedSupportingToken of the
username.  I didn't realize that it didn't need Asymmetric binding.

Posted by RonnieMJ <ro...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by RonnieMJ <ro...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Mary Thompson <mr...@lbl.gov>.
Nandana,

Posted by RonnieMJ <ro...@hotmail.com>.
Shouldn't the password be viewable?  I put it in as passwordText (although
I'm not sure this should work with 1.4), but it doesn't show.  I'm guessing
the digest value is the username (encrypted).  See other post for full XML.

Posted by RonnieMJ <ro...@hotmail.com>.
Nandana,

I don't think I processed your message fully last night.  You're saying that
it shouldn't matter if you say "SignedSupportingTokens" or
"SupportingTokens" if we're using symmetric or asymmetric binding because it
SHOULD encrypt both?

That would mean that I don't really have the capability to create the
attached header (which is my goal)?

http://www.nabble.com/file/p19879853/exampleHeader.xml exampleHeader.xml

Re: Rampart Username and signed certificate

Posted by Nandana Mihindukulasooriya <na...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by RonnieMJ <ro...@hotmail.com>.
Unfortunately the WSDL does not have ANY security considerations in it.  I
don't have control over that WSDL either.

I've tried it with SignedSupportingTokens (or even just SupportingTokens)
below the binding (as a top level) a few times.  It ends up making the token
still embedded and encrypted (not a plain old Username token).  Using just
"SupportingTokens" (without the Signed) removes it entirely.  I'm trying to
just put Usernametoken as the original example.  The error I receive from
them is:
<soap:Fault><faultcode>soap:Server.75612</faultcode><faultstring>An error
has occurred authenticating based on Credentials</faultstring></soap:Fault>

I am flying a little blind in that the WSDL doesn't indicate what should be
there security wise, but I do have some examples to guide me (examples that
were sent to the service that were successful).
Here's my most recent message:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
xmlns:xenc="http://www.w3.org/2001/04/xmlenc#">
	<soapenv:Header>
		<wsse:Security
xmlns:wsse="http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-wssecurity-secext-1.0.xsd"
soapenv:mustUnderstand="1">
			<xenc:EncryptedKey
Id="EncKeyId-urn:uuid:747FA3881E25F93A8112233899930882">
				<xenc:EncryptionMethod
Algorithm="http://www.w3.org/2001/04/xmlenc#rsa-1_5"></xenc:EncryptionMethod>
				<ds:KeyInfo xmlns:ds="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#">
					<wsse:SecurityTokenReference>
						<wsse:KeyIdentifier
EncodingType="http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-soap-message-security-1.0#Base64Binary"
ValueType="http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-x509-token-profile-1.0#X509SubjectKeyIdentifier">7WzTz2ucSMRogbHUMQuxv7uOMHU=</wsse:KeyIdentifier>
					</wsse:SecurityTokenReference>
				</ds:KeyInfo>
				<xenc:CipherData>

<xenc:CipherValue>qRTX199B2f/nYZH072qnHpbNk9CaELavKRFIEC08FeJPBHMxT4MP8TUuBOF07GAbSCmV+x7R3fKKrXFlzsFogEkHMMN5MGIHm703TqgE01N6qXBkNCOgW66lll5lXIOjailqYcA4X+o9dKUL4GbazpXMSZ001zHMcZzDMYtxf/g=</xenc:CipherValue>
				</xenc:CipherData>
				<xenc:ReferenceList>
					<xenc:DataReference URI="#EncDataId-32644176"></xenc:DataReference>
				</xenc:ReferenceList>
			</xenc:EncryptedKey>
			<xenc:EncryptedData Id="EncDataId-32644176"
Type="http://www.w3.org/2001/04/xmlenc#Element">
				<xenc:EncryptionMethod
Algorithm="http://www.w3.org/2001/04/xmlenc#aes128-cbc"></xenc:EncryptionMethod>
				<ds:KeyInfo xmlns:ds="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#">
					<wsse:SecurityTokenReference>
						<wsse:Reference
URI="#EncKeyId-urn:uuid:747FA3881E25F93A8112233899930882"></wsse:Reference>
					</wsse:SecurityTokenReference>
				</ds:KeyInfo>
				<xenc:CipherData>

<xenc:CipherValue>bhhmBf6B2eYvFKBWJWB6MtSo5IKw9z6KwDPV4XKU6UCchMBkNFlWJcSRK+I/h2MhTlLHRpK4cUII
					R8DxFshi</xenc:CipherValue>
				</xenc:CipherData>
			</xenc:EncryptedData>
			<wsse:BinarySecurityToken
xmlns:wsu="http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-wssecurity-utility-1.0.xsd"
EncodingType="http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-soap-message-security-1.0#Base64Binary"
ValueType="http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-x509-token-profile-1.0#X509v3"
wsu:Id="CertId-18314596">MIIERDCCAm1jXj9w==</wsse:BinarySecurityToken>
			<ds:Signature xmlns:ds="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#"
Id="Signature-30702379">
				<ds:SignedInfo>
					<ds:CanonicalizationMethod
Algorithm="http://www.w3.org/2001/10/xml-exc-c14n#"></ds:CanonicalizationMethod>
					<ds:SignatureMethod
Algorithm="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#rsa-sha1"></ds:SignatureMethod>
					<ds:Reference URI="#Id-4519815">
						<ds:Transforms>
							<ds:Transform
Algorithm="http://www.w3.org/2001/10/xml-exc-c14n#"></ds:Transform>
						</ds:Transforms>
						<ds:DigestMethod
Algorithm="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#sha1"></ds:DigestMethod>
						<ds:DigestValue>jwNsqR/y1GbSLbp/B8a9GCXLVLw=</ds:DigestValue>
					</ds:Reference>
					<ds:Reference URI="#UsernameToken-27184512">
						<ds:Transforms>
							<ds:Transform
Algorithm="http://www.w3.org/2001/10/xml-exc-c14n#"></ds:Transform>
						</ds:Transforms>
						<ds:DigestMethod
Algorithm="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#sha1"></ds:DigestMethod>
						<ds:DigestValue>NyG+Wk5lnuvnO23ZYsfWeJFZWCY=</ds:DigestValue>
					</ds:Reference>
				</ds:SignedInfo>
				<ds:SignatureValue>

ZJj1RorLDpEmZ8CHi8xaAuyt3XEo16ZZmUkylPJS4rWA71WpFPenuzfr+KfIFTW0Nlnwlo3lQh31
					pzYDi4ydyVXJAt24c6s=
				</ds:SignatureValue>
				<ds:KeyInfo Id="KeyId-25849454">
					<wsse:SecurityTokenReference
xmlns:wsu="http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-wssecurity-utility-1.0.xsd"
wsu:Id="STRId-3841429">
						<wsse:Reference URI="#CertId-18314596"
ValueType="http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-x509-token-profile-1.0#X509v3"></wsse:Reference>
					</wsse:SecurityTokenReference>
				</ds:KeyInfo>
			</ds:Signature>
		</wsse:Security>
	</soapenv:Header>
	<soapenv:Body
xmlns:wsu="http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-wssecurity-utility-1.0.xsd"
wsu:Id="Id-4519815">
	</soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

Posted by Nandana Mihindukulasooriya <na...@gmail.com>.

Posted by keith chapman <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 8:50 AM, Samisa Abeysinghe <
samisa.abeysinghe@gmail.com> wrote:

> Nandana Mihindukulasooriya wrote:
>
>> Hi Ronnie,
>>       Please change the policy as given below.
>>

> But should not this policy come from the service?

Ideally yes. ;)

Thanks,
Keith.

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com>.